• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I been training muay thai alot more lately....i was just wondering...what are your techniques for getting in a nice roundhouse to the head. I mean like Peter Aerts style....and not the actual kick just how to set them up so they have no gaurd up on their head...so i can just kick and end it?

Black belt? Yes i have a black belt but that belt only covers 2 inches of my butt. The rest i got to cover on my own.

Royce Gracie - Jiu-jitsu master

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i like the good old fashioned jab reverse round house kick some times ill throw a few single rounds to the body and often the fighter gets used to blocking them so then i doule it up and bring the second to the head. its just practice and the more you do you will find the combos or set ups that work for you.

Good Luck :karate:

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

Throw a spinning back fist then after awhile throw another one but on this one fake it but make sure to sell it hopefully by reaction the would put there hands to the other side of their face and throw a nice round house to the side of the head.

The right to keep and bear Arms.

I like setting up with a pick kick to the inside of the thigh, to a cross, body hook, then throw the rear roundhouse...... I love it....

Anyone Can Be Beaten On Any Given Day........

That is why you train till your body gives out.....

my personal favourite is the jab followed by reverse an den a hook frm der follow a whipiing round house which should g oround and over ther gaurd inwards it shocks an makes u feel good

dont alwasy try to set them up, look for their weaknessess also, like when you throw a jab sometimes your right hand drops and u can do the round kick to his right side then, also kick a couple of times to his mid section let him block the kicks, his hands might go down also when he raises his leg to block da kicks then the 3rd time bam!! also this ones really hard but it can work if youre fast enough cuz my trainer did it to me, i went in for a left jab and he kicked my left side of the head as my jab was startign to come back, so you pretty much gott aknow ur opponent a lil bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Another option, throw a few low kicks during the round, makingsure you look at his leg.

Then, when you´re gonna throw a kick, as a part of a combo, look at his leg but thorw it at his head, you´ll have a good chance to fool him.

It works the other way too, look at his head and low-kick him.

I have to admit, I love kicking people in the head.

One of my favourites is setting up with a Lft Hook, circling to your left and then throwing a Rt roundhouse to your opponents head as he moves into it. Doubles the impact.

Also a Brazilian Type roundhouse. Start the kick like a front kick or a low round house then wip it up and over into opponents jaw or temple. It takes a bit of agility and practise and its not quite as powerfull as a normal RHouse but it really rattles your opponent.I've had to stop myself from using this too often in sparring cause I just nail everybody with it. Watch some of Fetosa's or Filos K1 fights. they use this kick alot.(maybe too much)

I also like to use the eyes on their leg and low kicks to set it up as mentioned by others.

Then theres pushing your opponent into the ropes and jumping round house him as he bounces back.Aaaaaah so so many ways to have fun!

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

• 1 month later...