• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you think about Shidokan style??

NoFear1725681471

Shidokan is a great style , I would like to compete by it's rules one day . Since it joins three fighting styles , i assume that competition in it is quite hard , therefore i love it :brow: .

Yeagh, I haven't ever been fighting in competitions but when I saw them it was quite hard because kicks and punches to head ar allowed and it's full contact style... I really like it ;) It's one of the best styles for self defence... and for street fighting in my opinion :karate:

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice"

- Samurai maxim

"If you know the art of breathing you have the strength, wisdom and courage of ten tigers"

- Chinese adage

You can prevent your opponent from defeating you through defense, but you cannot defeat him without taking the offensive.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In regard to the "age" question...I started last fall when I was 44...after watching my son for 2.5 years. I am not trying to be a competitor but wanted a challenge and some exercise....and am happy so far...will be testing for my Yellow (my dojo goes W, O, Y, B, G, Low P, High P, L,M,H Brown then Black). I wish I had the opportunity to do so when I was a kid....at least for me compared to my son, learning Karate takes greater effort. If I was 17 I would not worry at all...now you are motivated and not just taken to Karate like a soccer kid etc. Good luck.