• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you think about Shidokan style??

NoFear1725681471

First of all - Hello to everyone :)

Well I'm a newbie in this forum and in karate too. I'm 17 and I'm training shidokan karate for only 2 months but I really enjoy it. I know I've started learning it a bit too late but I hope that someday I'll became a great fighter. Anyway...

What's your opinion about this style of karate ? :)

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice"

- Samurai maxim

"If you know the art of breathing you have the strength, wisdom and courage of ten tigers"

- Chinese adage

You can prevent your opponent from defeating you through defense, but you cannot defeat him without taking the offensive.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the forums, [NoFear]!

I don't know a thing about shidokan karate, but it sounds similar to shotokan, my style. Do you know if it is?

(By the way, you're never too old to start karate training! :))

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

Shidokan is a great style. I don't know if you are familiar with Kyokushin, but Shidokan is actually a derivative of that style. According to the official website, Shidokan is a "combination of Goju-Ryu, Shotokan, Kyokushinkai and Thai Boxing." Shidokan branched out of Kyokushin in 1981 through Yoshiji Soeno. Coincidentally, that is also the same year my dojo branched out of Kyokushin.

I personally prefer hard-contact styles like Kyokushin and Muay Thai, as well as certain Kyokushin derivatives. The only Shidokan dojo that I know of in the U.S. is located in Chicago, so it is not well-known in the states. I don't know how it is in Lituania, though, but I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Here the link to the official U.S. site for those who are interested: http://www.shidokan.com/index.html

"Tigers are quiet and watch everything. They listen and watch. If you train as a tiger -- hard training and body conditioning -- you can always train with tigers. Other tigers will also recognize you and you can train in peace with them. They know who they are and they have nothing to prove. They are at peace." ~Tomoyose Ryuko, 9th dan Uechi Ryu

What do you mean a bit to late to start? how long do you plan on living? Your never to old to start,Good to hear you enjoy it so much.

Well I meant I want to reach something in competitions :)

- Samurai maxim

"If you know the art of breathing you have the strength, wisdom and courage of ten tigers"

- Chinese adage

You can prevent your opponent from defeating you through defense, but you cannot defeat him without taking the offensive.

"]
What do you mean a bit to late to start? how long do you plan on living? Your never to old to start,Good to hear you enjoy it so much.

I belive that Bas Rutten started traning when i he was 22, or somewhere around that age. And he has been pretty sucessfull.

"I do not need a cause for my rage

I just despise the nature of the human race

When all I see is repulsion and hate

Violence becomes my only friend, my saving grace" - Violent Revolution by Kreator

"]
What do you mean a bit to late to start? how long do you plan on living? Your never to old to start' date='Good to hear you enjoy it so much.[/quote']

I belive that Bas Rutten started traning when i he was 22, or somewhere around that age. And he has been pretty sucessfull.

It gives me lots of confidence :karate:

- Samurai maxim

- Chinese adage

"]
What do you mean a bit to late to start? how long do you plan on living? Your never to old to start' date='Good to hear you enjoy it so much.[/quote']

Wow I thought I was too late to start and Im 16. Thanks :karate:

Shidokan is a great style , I would like to compete by it's rules one day . Since it joins three fighting styles , i assume that competition in it is quite hard , therefore i love it :brow: .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike