• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Jet Li Movie!!!

If you can find it the movie is called ' The Deadliest Art'. It is a documentary showing the greatest fight clips out of martial arts movies .. some pretty cheesy but some very good. One fight sequence with jackie chan vs. benny 'the jet' urquidez is the most amazing one I have ever seen

keep your hands up!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Enter the dragon was an awesome movie.

I think a movie that had pretty realistic fighting sequences was Rapid Fire. Maybe I just like it, because I fight in the same "style" as Brandon Lee did.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• 2 years later...

"Bruce Lee: Fighting Spirit. "

gah. informative book, but very poorly written. a note to the author: the fact that you played bass for the pretenders is all well and good, but i got the book to read about bruce lee, not you. you don't have to keep mentioning it every other page. on top of that, it was poorly organized, and his mood establishing/settings seemed cheesey and hack-ish

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I know this is a stupid question but which new Jet Li movie are you talking about?? It`s just the release dates of movies vary between countries.

This weekend I saw `Hero` the Chinese title is `Ying xiong`, starring Jet Li. It`s in Mandarin and many people have compared it to Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I can`t comment as I haven`t seen that movie but I really enjoyed Hero, it`s visually stunning, a really beautiful movie.

On the fighting front, I wouldn`t say it`s exactly realistic, especially when they fight on the surface of a lake (that`s not a spoiler by the way) but then again it`s not supposed to be realistic.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It has simply never, ever, EVER been a good idea to try to replace Bruce Lee with David Carradine. I've never seen Circle of Iron; looking at the box was enough for me. The fact that Lee wrote the original script in no way means that the final product bore any relation to a Bruce Lee film.

For totally unrealistic mayhem in a genuinely good and interesting movie, I like The Crow. Actually, the second one wasn't bad. I hear people complain that they shouldn't have made another without Brandon Lee, but the way the Crow concept works, the spirit of the Crow is the only constant. They'd have had to abandon the concept behind the film to make another one with Brandon Lee starring as The Crow.

* Ignorant Taekwondo beginner.

http://www.thefiringline.com