Fox_NFLs_GG

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what I have heard, it would be traditional kata and point fighting. I personally would like to see it in the olympics because it would bring more of a national attention to karate. More people may become interested into it.

kenttiensankari,

does Shorinji-ryu have weapons incorprated in the style? I was at tournament a few years back judging kobudo. A competitor from a Shorinji-ryu style did a bo kata called shindo nidan. I didn't know if it was traditional or not. I had a hard time judging it because some of the moves seemed to be a little too flashy to be traditional at the time. However I did a search of the kata and couldn't find anything with that name.

kenttiensankari,

does Shorinji-ryu have weapons incorprated in the style? I was at tournament a few years back judging kobudo. A competitor from a Shorinji-ryu style did a bo kata called shindo nidan.

Different Shorinji-ryu. There are many schools/substyles of it.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

Ive heard that there is one bo kata in shorinjiryu renshinkan, the name is tokumine no kon. But I have never trained it. In Finland we train okinawan kobujutsu which includes kata`s but I havent really focused on that. Ilpo Jalamo is the name of the sensei who is teaching that in Finland. Jussi probably knows a lot more than I do.

Hopefully it would stay out of the olympics , it's allready watred down , that would make it loose it's "spirit". Talking about Shotokan karate here , right ???

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Ive heard that there is one bo kata in shorinjiryu renshinkan, the name is tokumine no kon. But I have never trained it. In Finland we train okinawan kobujutsu which includes kata`s but I havent really focused on that. Ilpo Jalamo is the name of the sensei who is teaching that in Finland. Jussi probably knows a lot more than I do.

I know Tokumine no kon bo, It wins alot of traditional tournaments.