• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do YOU shout ...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In our class we don't actually shout. Our kiup is a forced exhalation from the diaphragm that often comes out sounding vaguely like an "I".

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

For me it depends on what I happen to be doing at the time. Usually it's just a real short kihap that sounds like "ai-yah" but other times it changes to things like "pa-sho"...I know it's silly but it is quite affective at announcing a point and freaking the other guy out! :brow:

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

For normal kicks i sound like "Sahhhhh"

When we practice power kicking it change to a two part thing something like 'HaSahhhh"

Don't know where those sounds came from either.... hehe

I've seen even more silly ones from my seniors when I was on lower grade... which rewarded me a lot of pushups for smirking. :P I find that I'll just do whatever works. Though most of the time I'm more like the "hap" in kihap. :)

Just an abdominal yell. Nothing that can really be described in English.

Queen Padme: "So this is how Democracy dies-with thunderous applause."

Annikin Skywalker: "You're either with me or against me!"

Obi-won Kenobi: "That is the Way of the Sith!"

I yell "yo-ha-sa-sa-sha!" and then boot them in the head. Its part of my Tae-Kwon-Leap training.

Either that, or I just let out some air. If anything it sounds more deep and like a grunt than a yell.

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

Anything... I mean ANYTHING but "YEOWWWWCH!!!".:D

Depends on the circumstance...

In forms... I tend to make something of a gutteral 'ai-yeh' sound...

Tournament free sparring, when trying to call judge's attention to a point technique I'm throwing... I go LOUD with a hearty "AI-YAHH!!!"

If I were in class, leading the class through drills... I'd call off the command explaination... like...

"Front stance!!"

Then TRIGGER everyone's execution with a loud but gutteral "AIEE!"

Board breaking... it varies... but I do like to make sure to time the ki-hap with the impact... if nothing else, to give my voice something better to do than yell OUCH if I miss the break. LOL

"Tournaments are the least important aspect of martial arts..." Pat E. Johnson--Technical Advisor and "Chief Referee" for the Karate Kid movies.