• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Muay Thai actually invented by Cambodians?

And I heard Coke invented Pepsi while Pepsi claims it invented Coke. But not enough solid fact because the executives torched the original plans of it's origins.

Can anyone tell me if this is true? I'll drink both as long as it quenches my thirst. Thank you!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The history was destroyed, but Thai boxing is from Thailand its like saying that curry done'nt come from india.

Foget what the kungfu told you, I've been to Thailand and never seen a chinses guy say that muay thai is from china fact.

And if you train in muay thai or live in thailand there you can tell easily the aura around people. I went on holiday to parts of Thailand where no tourists goes, and the boxing styles differs alot I treid the thai favorite food papaya salad, I went fishing with thai people.

If you grew up in Thailand theres no doubt about it,

There will be a day that you can't cope with your life, I want you to look at the star and remember, I always smile back at you. luV u lots Jen

I personally don't think it came from china, but I do think the burma theory is viable. Either way, the bottom line is that we don't know. We do know, however that thailand was not the first asian country to be populated, meaning that they got there from somewhere, no? Given that, it is also possible that the art - or at least the ones that influenced it - came with them from that same place.

These days, sure it is distinctly thai and will have a thai aura - it's been in thailand for how long now? When you do karate, it doesn't feel chinese, but you can't deny that it came to them from okinawa via china...