• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are your other interests?

SaiFightsMS

Since martial arts is a large portion of who I am, who I was raised to be, almost all of my "extra-curricular" hobbies are related:

Reading, mostly non-fiction martial texts.

Firearms.

Wilderness survival.

Bow hunting.

First-Aid for the Professional Rescuer

Guitar playing.

Writing.

And aside from that I love playing around with my two young sons and going for drives with my wife and kids.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm.....

Music - pretty much everything other than drum and bass :D [so prog rock, rock, metal, pop, blues, soul, hip hop, easy listening, rnb..... get the idea].

Fitness / Sports in general.

And seeing my Girlfriend as much as physically possible.

My other interests are Photography, skiing, hunting, fishing, firearms, videogames (mostly 1st person shooters) and movies.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

Umm...Playing piano, reading, knitting, crochet,and some drawing.I think that's about it.

Kaminari-name a topic and I'll see if it's my kind of philisophical discussion :)

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

I teach Snowboarding .....

Quoting Heidi :lol: (I've done that several times today LOL)

Seriously, I have been interested in skateboarding and/or snowboarding lately (I watch FUEL TV ... a channel on Direct TV that has a lot of this type of stuff on it). Heidi has tried to talk me into it before, and I'm about to give in ;) Heidi, PM me the prices, directions wear you teach, ect, and I'll see ya next winter there :D

Other than that, I listen to music (mainly classic rock, metal, some punk, and Japanese drumming). I used to play drums, but MA got in the way of that. I still have a drum machine that I fiddle with, and a guitar that is collecting dust.

I also love to cook. I cook all kinds of food. Usually it's Japanese, Korean, American, and Italian. Or a fusion of Japanese and Korean recipes. I don't eat red meat, but my boyfriend does, so it's usually a "fusion" recipe. I just leave out the meat for me, and add Tofu.

My boyfriend and I pretty much like the same things. We garden, make stuff out of wood (I recently made a pot holder .... the ones you set a hot pot of soup on so you don't burn your table ...... out of a piece of a tree stump with Korean writing burned into it), cook together, work on our cars, do MA together, ect.

Laurie F

You got it Laurie! You'll be shreddin' the mountain in no time!!!!

HEY...I'm into Kodo Drumming too....isn't this a small world? Actually it was part of the 3rd dan curriculum at my old school and I was just starting to learn when we moved out here :( .

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Cool :) I have Soh Daiko's album, my fav based out of NYC. Saw them live and they are fantastic. They actaully use stances that we use in martial arts to play those drums. It's almost like a mixure of MA, drums, and a theater show (high energy). Kind of like a Japanese version of "Stomp." And also Kodo's (actual name of a band based out of Japan) album. They are great to do forms to :) I'll bring them with me next time you come up for a test :)

I also forgot to mention that my boyfriend and I go to a local Pow Wow every year and there is Native American bands (they play that big drum and sing Indian ceremony songs), and we like them also. The Silver Cloud Singers (see them once a year live) are the best in this area.

Laurie F