• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to see muay thai check out any mike miles tv promotion that may be available. He constantly trains champions and his facility is reguarded as the best is the world by the wka.

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Yoda, got any good Muay Thai sites? I know I just a girl (talking like a little girl), but I was thinking about trying Muay Thai. Is it common for girls?

Anyway, you don't really have to be in Muay Thai to learn the kicks. I was in TSD and my instructor taught us a few Thai kicks, and I think they are awsome. My fav is the round kick to the inner thigh, or the Thai round kick in general. It generates A LOT of power from the hip. It's great. With that kick, I can kick full force and move a 250bl guy (which is excellent for me cause I'm only 135). I never thought I could do that. It shocked the hell outta me :eek:

Laurie F

Hi fellow artists, Just had to chime in on this. I trained with a tai fighter in my garage for a while. It symulated a ring, no where to run. Changing my snap to a front push kick was hard. The other kick he tought me was the low round using a reverse twisting motion. Upper body going in the opposite direction of the the lower. Try grabing your sparing partner behind the head and pulling it down for a Knee strike with there consent and see what it fills like. Stance is more like a boxer. see yu

The reson you dont see the fancy kicks in real mauy thai fights is not cos they dont exsist, but because they is not often a time where kicks like that can be used efectivly , Mauy thai is about as real to fighting as you can get, apart from ufc etc. where as arts like karate incorperate unrealistic moves witch confuse the practitoner and stop them using the moves that work. I do mauy thai and I like thigh round kicks, body round kicks and head round kicks, also i use feints to alow the use for the more complex moves.

"perfection, is something we all get closer too with training, but you will never get there and untill you accept this your mind will be limited in what you can achive"

- Dave