• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah, OR you could kick him in the balls...

I suggest ken's idea though, cos u don't want ur beautiful face getting hit..

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, I don't think I wanna go so far as to kick him between the legs, but thanks anyway :lol:. I think next time I'll just talk with him first, cause he is a very nice guy. I was kinda hoping to be able to dodge around him a bit though, cause in a real fight I can't actually say "Um excuse me but you're just a tad bit close for me, so would you mind backing up a bit so I can kick your butt?" :lol: Thanks for all the help!

Lori :wave:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

LORI...you could try a jump turning back kick...where you jump away from the opponent and execute a turning back kick in the air..thus giving distance and technique at the same time....good luck and don't give up. :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Yea.. but a real fight isn't shadow sparring either, is it Lori? Remember, shadow sparring is a training method to get you to warm up and learn to flow a little better. It's not a competition or fight, so that guy needs to chill out and keep his distance. Everyone should be able to train with anyone else with the shadow sparring method.. black belts with white belts, huge people with the smallest.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

OK, gotcha Ken. Thanks, I'll tell him next time.

Lori :wave:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

Good luck with training!

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

I dunno ken, i used to see the juniors in high school fight like they were trying to beat flies away from each other. They never connected unless one of us seniors gave them a bit of a nudge. They could be world class shadow boxers! Hehe.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Shadow sparring is different than contact sparring. In shadow sparring you are only using your partner as a reference to target where you would actually try to hit a person and how you would defend against a person, there is NO contact made. If a person is supposed to be shadow sparring but is making contact, then he isn't doing the proper drill.