rivergirl

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one has ever heard about that French karate instructor who was sparring with his female student ( she was also a black belt ) and he kicked her in the head and accidentally killed her ?? someone told me that the kick wasn’t that powerful , however , it caused her to die

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

In my Dojo we have 2 kinds.

The really girly ones who can't punch or kick properly or the ones that go crazy insane and try to kill you with no control over their own movements. :idea:

I can say that about a few of the boys at my school :wink: .

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

In my Dojo we have 2 kinds.

The really girly ones who can't punch or kick properly or the ones that go crazy insane and try to kill you with no control over their own movements. :idea:

in my school, we have 2 types too:

the ones who hit you hard-who fight well

And the ones that hit you so hard your sports cup breaks(and it's happened before)-

both types can control movement and fight well

Its all about training I guess

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

Guys against guys, women again women, kids against adults, guys against women. It all goes and I think it's a big ego bui;der. No matter what the age or size.

How many nuns could a nunchuk chuck if a nunchuk could chuck nuns?

That is too bad about the injury. At our Dojo, we are equal, we all fight, any age and any sex against one another. Me, my dd and my ds all spar and we will spar anyone Sensei puts us with, male or female. I actually enjoy sparring with the men. In real life, I will more than likely NEVER have an attacker that is female and 30, plus close to my size and heighth. Unfortunately, getting hurt is part of karate.

As to do women spar men in my dojo? yes. Everyone pulls their own weight so's to speak. Sparing is for us has never been an exersise in winning but a test and critique of skills. Women in my classes learn to take and give a hit as well as a man. It's a martial art, not feel-good factory.

Disclaimer: students are matched according to skill or with senior instructors for education, it's never a "free for all" and there is zero tolerance for even the slightest "loss of control".

Any one has ever heard about that French karate instructor who was sparring with his female student ( she was also a black belt ) and he kicked her in the head and accidentally killed her ?? someone told me that the kick wasn’t that powerful , however , it caused her to die

He probably hit a mortal point...i dont think she died because she was a woman...

"With a bit of imagination, kata can be deadly." - Hidy Ochiai

One significant difference in our school in regards to women sparring with men is that men can't hit women in the face. They can hit us in face and of course we can hit other men with face contact. That's been a fairly recent change.

Also the guys don't kick or punch women as hard as they can. It's good that way though - as a guy, I think it teaches you a lot about control, much like fighting kids. You wouldn't blast some little kid across the floor, even though you could!

Apart from that - everybody fights everybody at our school, except married couples.