• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Would you compete in a tournament with badly bruised ribs?

rivergirl

Good luck if you do enter the tourney. You have to go with what you feel. If you don't feel up to competion then don't compete. There'll always be abnother chance for you to enter a tourney.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

yeah, no since in aggravating the injury and making it worse.

take time to heal.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

If you don't really want to do it don't feel pressured into it by guilty feelings. At the end of the day this is a hobby and a sport tournament - 20 years down the line it won't matter if you didn't compete, but it might matter if you pick up some permanent injury from fighting before you were ready.

Only you can know, only you can make that decision.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

bruised ribs yes, broken no.

regards makiwaraman

We are necessarily imperfect and therefore always in a state of growth,

We can always learn more and therefore perform better.

well i have some problems with the back since I was stupid enouh to train even in pains. Got back from the doctor ... for an indefinite period I'm not allowed to do any sports, except kineotherapy to try and recover. Believe me ... better take it slow. It's not an important tourney since you are a white belt and you'll have more chances in the future. Just make sure you won't end your career too soon just because you disregard your health problems.

So .. I'd say you should stay out. Anyway ... keep us posted.

• 4 weeks later...

hell yeah i would. i normally only have enough money to pay for my monthly. i want to get into any tourney i can if its for free. :lol:

"Karate is an art. It must be regarded as such with its entirety of philosophical thought and development of the mind in harmony with the body. If it isn't thought of this way it is valueless. It is like eating only the bitter skin of the apple while leaving the sweet inner meat untasted. It is this crucial premise that is being overlooked today, and if the tide is not turned, I must predict the demise of the art. "

-Isao Obata