• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What to expect at my first karate tournament...

rivergirl

We are going to our first tournament ever, this Saturday. (me, my dh and 3 of our children will be participating) Just wondering what to expect? What should we bring? I'm assuming you bring your own water, snacks, etc. I'm pretty nervous about it, I've never done this before. It is so out of my comfort zone to be in front of a bunch of people...do they have several sparring matches/kata going on at the same time? Any help would be appreciated...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, if it's run like many of the MA tourneys down here, it'll be a long day :brow: Make sure to pack plenty of snacks, even food for that matter, unless you want to spend more $$$. Don't forget the liquids as well, that is just as important as the snacks, if not more so :wink:

As for multiple events going, there should be and depending on the size of the tourney, will depend on how many rings they have set up. Usually the have it set up to have all the kata events going in the morning, and the sparring by the afternoon.

Like I said, it'll be an all day affair. Have fun and post your results after :karate:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

^ Exactly :P

Just relax and enjoy the experience.. remember, you're probably not the only first-timer there!

Enjoy your tournament! :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot