Neddo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vic Charles has to be the most famous name in Great Britain to do with Karate.

I had the pleasure of meeting this man at the Scottish Karate Championships last year at the Kelvin Hall in Glasgow.

My boyfriend introduced to me and we stood and had a chat for a good while too.

Tommy Morris is another who is well known in Scotland for setting up the Kobe-Osaka in Glasgow.

My boyfriend was trained by him. Never met him but have heard a lot of stories about him.

Chuck noris and the bruce lee :karate:

Well, Bruce Lee definitely wasn't a karateka and Norris only much later after he established himself really focused on Shito Ryu. Norris was more of a Tang Soo Do stylist when he was coming up the ranks in tournaments. It is true today that Norris is a high ranking black belt in TSD and TKD, while also having a black belt in shito ryu and machado brazilian jiu jitsu. At the same time he is the founder of Chun Kuk Do.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee never impressed me, and I never cared too much for their movies. But I have to admit they were definately the two most famous... They contributed a lot for comercial karate, but not much at all for traditional karate. Although, they definately put martial arts on the map in the USA.

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

• 2 months later...

Hey thanks man ! Sensie Hazard has been my instructer since 1985 and I am very grateful to him .great interview at shikon.com ,thanks for the link !

oss

Are you from the Portsmouth area by any chance? I used to train with Sensei Hazard, and Senei O'Donnell when they were part of SEKU. This is going way back to around 87 / 88 time now (I no longer live down in Portsmouth).

I'll add some big names:

Takeshi Miyagi, Katsuya Miyahira, , Seitoku Ishikawa, Shigeru Takara, Seikichi Iha, Chojun Miyagi, Chokki Motobu, Chosin Chibana, Anbun Tokuda, Chotoku Kyan, Shinpan Shiroma, Anko Itosu, Sokon Matsumura, Kanga Sakugawa, and Shinjo Choken. There you go. Big names in karate.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky