• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

the BEST fighet of alllll time is BY FAR WAYNE OTTO he is by far the smartest and greatest fighter to every live....other GREAT FIGHTERS from around the world and the best out there and alongside wayne otto possibly the best ever are JUNIOR LEFEVRE, ALEX BIAMONTI, GEORGE KOTAKA, DANIEL SABONOVIC all of whom have very different styles of fighting, and ideas but are allll AMAZING!!!! and they all have they're favorite techiniques and things they are the best at...for instance JUNIOR LEFEVRE is an ALL AROUND GREAT FIGHTER he is a GENIUS in the ring and can adjust easily to different situations that may occur inside the ring, he is especially good at different kinds of kicks defensive and offensive, the reason he is my fighting idol alongside wayne otto other than his smarts in the ring is because he won EVERYTHING there was to win by the time he was 22!!!! he won the EKF championships 3 or 4 years in a row not only in his weight class but also in open division and he has won the WKF World Championships once and has medaled two other times i believe, he has won every MAJOR european tounrment there was and has defended his title in just about all of them by the time he was 22!!!! After winning the 2000 WKF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP he chose to retire at the age of 22 from regular competition he still competes every now and then but realized that after winning the WKF World Championships along with with every European title he had nothing left to prove and did it all with a GREAT DEAL of HUMILITY....which all of these great fighters have and is what makes them the greatest because even though they have all won numerous amount of tournments and are basically unstoppable they never take it for granted and work hard day in and day out to take their skills to the next level....ALEX BIAMONTI is GREAT at sweeps and knowing how to expose his oppents weakness, also he has won the WKF World Championships both in individual and team kumite....GEORGE KOTAKA has the FASTEST reverse punch both offensive and defensively he is amazingly fast and has beautiful timing also he has won the WKF world championships once and medaled i think 3 times?...and DANIEL SABONOVIC is and OUTSTANDING fighter he has medaled in every competition he has been in since 1999 he has a very unique fighting style and is always adjusting and getting the point using his legs and hands equally to keep oppents guessing

• 4 weeks later...

In Scotland I am friendly with Gerry Fleming, Neil Wilson (former Scottish Champion), Robin Bryce.

All competed for Great Britain in the European Championships and World Championships many years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading through this and thought I'd make some corrections by someone that posted some info. Cung Le doesn't fight in Pride(not yet, anyway), he is known as a San Shou fighter, has done some K-1 superfights, and will be making his MMA debut very soon. Chuck Norris wasn't a heavyweight Kickboxing Champion, and this is splitting hairs to a degree but Lidell studies Kempo, not kenpo(His Tattoo says "Kempo").

That being said Otto os an awesome fighter but I'm more of a knockdown karateka now and have liked guys like Pettas, Yamaki, Filho, Royama, Hug, Feitosa...

A funy story, back in '98 I was fighting on a kickboxing card that had "The Alliance" which was Maurice Smith, Frank Shamrock, Tsuyoshi Kohsaka(TK), and Francisco Filho make an appearance. I was a huge fan of Filho at the time, I had a Japanese Gong Kakutogi magazine with me that had him in it. Anyway after I fought I was told a general area where he would be sitting and I go over...I ask Glaube Feitosa to sign it and guess who's sitting next to Glaube and tells me "This isn't Filho"..Nocholas Pettas! I felt so embarassed by was quick enough to realize who they were and got both of their autographs! haha. Glaube was very nice and a good sport, he even signed the picture of him losing to Peter Aerts! Nicholas was joking about it and was very nice, as well.

Yes, I did find where Filho was sitting, he happened to have his baby at the time and his wife with him. I had him sign a picture of him holding his son so I didn't make a complete fool out of myself.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

some of the big names that I know and deal with are people like Tomohiro Arashiro, Tsuguo Sakumoto, Jerry Offutt, Masayuki Azato Ward, Phillip Porter, Shinohara Nobuhiro, Takazawa Masano, Scot Mertz, Cesear Garcia, Joe Mirza, Tsutomu Ohshima, Mitsusuke Harada, and a few other people like that. Hope this helps.

John