• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I recently had a Muay Thai fight and it was a really close fight i came out on top though. Bbut when i watch the video i see that he was tired and i could of stoped him but for some reason i tend to go at the pace of the opponent. How do i improve this to where i can get the KO.... Might not make sence...

The right to keep and bear Arms.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

went at the pace of the opponent.. you mean you followed his motorset? Focus on being conscious of the other person's tempo. In training try to learn how to get people to speed up and slow down. See what sort of things you can mix in in between beats that don't disrupt the timing. If you see them tired out, push the pace yourself and watch them gas out.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I think since he was going slow I didnt feel the need to go faster. So with more experience I will learn how to see his pace and him being tired and for me to go faster?

The right to keep and bear Arms.

No.. with practice specifically at commanding the pace of the match (and by 'command" I don't mean drive it all the time, I mean know what's happening with it and be able to break it or change it) you can see that stuff and be able to manipulate them.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

• 3 weeks later...

You need to try to make your opponent follow your pace.

I don't mean fight at a set pace through the fight but change it to suit your tactics and their weaknesses.

It will be easier to judge when to finish them if you can compare their pace to yours e.g. If they slow down or become inconsistent in their attacks.

"There are no limitations only plateux, and once you reach them you must not stay there."

--Bruce Lee

Ever seen that old McDonalds commercial about a boxer talking to his coach in the corner?

boxer - "Hes gett'n to me coach''

coach - ''Remember 10 years ago when you said someone stole your fries,it was him!'' *points at the other boxer*

*boxer stands up in rage*

I'd say you go waterboy on him...adam sandler style.