• No

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm kicking you with a power shot from my rear leg, it's going to be to the legs, to the stomach, to the hip, not to the face. And trust me with enough practice you can be fast on the draw from the rear leg. It takes practice, but it is possible. Not everyone is slow from the back.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• 2 months later...

my sensei tells us to kick off the front leg for speed and the back leg for power

he never lets us kick off the back leg at the begining of a fight he sais that it opens you up for a side step. We are taught to start our combos off with the front leg

Pogo

a side kick from the lead leg it sounds slow to me but i gues if you practice it it would be effective i love the mawashigeri of the front leg i own that technique

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

It's been a while since I posted on this thread, and have learnt alot since then. The Crocodile Kick is also referred to as the Brazilian Kick. When I first saw it, it was taught by a Kickboxing instructor who called in a Croc Kick. Later on I learned it's also called a Brazilian Kick. Do a search for Glaube Feitosa of Kyokushin and K-1 fame, and look for his video clips. He performs this kick which can also be referred to (as has been correctly called by one poster) a Drop Down Kick. The Brazilian Kick takes it's name from many Brazilian Knockdown fighters preference for using this kick.

Perfect Practice makes Perfect.