• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kenpo...what organization?

Mr. Mike

If that's the truth, then yes, it would be...

(1 minute later): Yep, you speak the truth. Kenponet.com's family tree has Jim Clapp directly under Ed Parker. That's pretty cool, man.

Peace;

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Our organization is IKKA. I don't know my lineage, and I don't know where to find out. I train under Jim Clapp, 8th Degree Black Belt.

EDIT: Actually, I've been looking around, and I think Jim Clapp(8th) and his wife Judy (6th) both trained directly with Ed Parker. So then, would my lineage be Parker/Clapp/me?

Hey, just registered, when i saw your post, cause i train there too. Wondered if anyone else was on here...

DKizzle and JoeDeezy, what rank are you guys, and how long have you been training?

Just wonderin'...

Peace;

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

I was a student at AKS in Newark when I was a kid, and got to Purple, but quit because I really didn't like it.

I started again this February almost 20 years later. So it's been about 3 months. I'm there almost every day, almost every class, and love it now, I would go 3-4 hours a day if they would allow it.

Just got my Orange stripe (white>yellow>orange>o.stripe>purple...). And I'm looking forward to starting Sparring next week.

• 2 weeks later...

It's cool somebody else from AKS is on here. I just got my Blue Belt in May. So I guess I may see you in the Advanced Classes when you get your Purple Belt. Or I may see you in Sparring if you do Thursday nights.