• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jhoon Rhee

• 5 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I"m not sure, but I believe Jhoon Rhee was first certified by General Choi.?????????(i really dont know!, just my guess) Once he left Korea to spread Tae kwon do, he developed his own system of tae kwon do. "Jhoon Rhee's system of Tae kwon do" Also known as Korean Karate. Since he created this system of Tae kwon do, I believe he is a 10th degree in his own system.. What I really want to know is how Jhoon Rhee is connected with General Choi.....There's not too much information on Jhoon Rhee on the net..It's also rare to find information on Jhoon rhee's relationship with General Choi..

[ This Message was edited by: koreantiger81 on 2002-08-01 05:25 ]

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

The difference between the I.T.F and Jhoon rhee's system of tae kwon do, is essentially the forms...In the under-belt curriculum of Jhoon rhee's system of tae kwon do, there are only a few I.T.F forms.(practiced without the sine wave technique) After black-belt in Jhoon Rhee's system of tae kwon do, the forms are quite similiar, yet there is still no sine wave....

The two systems are similar in terms of having the same forms, but differ in their curriculum and the application of the sine wave technique in their forms...In addition, Jhoon Rhee's system of tae kwon do was first created to target north americans...That's all i know! hope it helped...

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

no prob sentry!

I was just was recently introduced to the sine wave techqniue...Well, it's a springy motion that goes up and down to generate power using your weight...(only practiced by the official I.T.F)

go here for more info..:

http://www.karateforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=1876&forum=7

http://www.taekwondo.freeserve.co.uk/technical_explanations/explanation_of_sine_wave.htm

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt