• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just a question, does one wear a cup when they do this? I was watching a muay thai match and they do the knees to the body so I wanted to know if they had cups.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do you score and win and how do you pronounce Muay Thai?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

How do you score and win and how do you pronounce Muay Thai?

muhee tie

as for the scoring, it's similar to boxing. judges watch aggressiviness, technique, etc. scoring areas are all valid international rules areas and striking surfaces are the fist, knee, feet and elbows (but elbows are rarely allowed in america). Sweeping is not allowed, but you can KICK a person's base leg to knock them down. If you catch someone's kick, you can only take two steps while holding the limb. In thailand, however, you can hold the limb and walk them until they fall. A knockdown isn't scored per se in muay thai, but it's similar to an "advantage" in tennis or in grappling - if we are tied in points, but you have knocked me down, then you would win the decision, because you have an advantage point over me.

yes they do wear cups, metal ones.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

there are no points in Muay Thai under thai rules if there is no KO the fight is a draw.

i may be mistaken but this is what i read.

Fist visible Strike invisible

I think that may have been the case traditionally, but nowadays there almost all scored like boxing.

The more I train, the more I see the errors in my technique :(