• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

yeah po eun, is definitely an odd pattern of the three :D the type of stepping accuracy you need is different as wel... and you get your first longer combo of moves.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chong bong 6. It's a local form created by one of our old masters so aside from one other person on these boards I dont know if anyone else would know of it...

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

I only know 3 Korean Patterns (Taegeuk 1, 2 & 3) but out of those Taegeuk 3 (Sam Jang) is my favourite.

Out of Japanese forms (kata) my favourites are Nijushiho, Jion, Jitte and Rohai. Bassai Sho gets an honourable mention (it works well as both an empty hand and a weapon form too).

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I know all the taegueks and the Palqwes and They are hard to remember when you got a million other things going around you when you are ten. but yeah its fun watching people at there blackbelt testings slow down because they have to do all of their katas including a made up one. its fun stuff

I have been at it for 9 years kicking and punching my way up the ranks now im a blackbelt at the age of 13. Come get me. LOL

I had heard that basai can be done as either a single or double knife form and after quite a bit of time working on it I think I have the moves down for a single at least:D. Guess the next step would be to work on a double :brow:

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

That sounds interesting! I've never tried Bassai Dai with any weapons before, but I'll have to give it a go now.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

yeha i know all the pal gwe and tae gueks.... dont find them as much fun as the chang hon form set.... but they're good patterns... next up to learn are th songham form set.

• 3 weeks later...