• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does anyone have a list or links to a site that lists the various names for certain forms that are used in Korean and Japanese MA?

eg (please correct me if I'm wrong!!) I think that Pyung Ahn Ee Dan is the same(similar!) to Heian Nidan/Pinan Shodan.

If anyone has a list with the various names for forms then it would be very helpful.

Thanks!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a list or links to a site that lists the various names for certain forms that are used in Korean and Japanese MA?

eg (please correct me if I'm wrong!!) I think that Pyung Ahn Ee Dan is the same(similar!) to Heian Nidan/Pinan Shodan.

Thanks!

Don't have a list for the Japanese forms but here is the site to ISU's Tae Kwon Do page. It lists most the forms in the Korean terminology.

http://www.isu.edu/stdorg/sports/tkd/

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

Does anyone know of an on line explanation of the various moves within the patterns. I've been training for years and still do not know the use of the slow palm pressing blocks in Toi Gye

Does anyone have information that will lead me to the "infamous" Korean Kicking Kata....i call infamous because I have been searching for it for years....with very little success, only a few people that have seen it once or twice....and my instructors are back in the states.....so I can't reach them being over here in Japan....and many styles have never heard of the form....

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

I always thought those 2 palm pressing blocks were in Joon Gun.... not Toi Gye.

if we are talking about hte same ones, apparently they're meant ot be used to demonstrate control over the movement, and develop the correct hand transitions from starting position to final position and all places in between.

Oh one other thing regarding the kicking pattern:

Are you talking about one from MooDukwon?

otherwise, in ITF patterns there is MoonMu.... thats got quite a few kicks '[high section slow motion, etc.].

sounds right? [if it is ill post or pm you the directions and pictures for it].