• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was thinking about some of my favorite forms and was curious as to what others think. I'm curious as to what your current favorite form is, at what level/rank you learned this form and what rank you are now compared to when you learned it. Also include style you study since some many styles have different names or even flat out different forms, even between schools at times.

My favorite is called Ba-Sai (one of 3 or 4 spellings I've seen). I learned it as a high Brown belt in the Chung Do Kwan TKD. I am currently a 2nd Dan.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm well, my favorite is between Kong Sang Koon, Hwa Sun, or Chil Song Oh Lo.

Master Jason Powlette

5th Dan, Tang Soo Do

--Tang Soo!!!

I really enjoy basai as well, also known as passai, or basai dai...the first and original form of that specific kata.

I learned it as a green belt I believe....yet mastery took many years

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

My all time fav is Pyung ahn ee dan. I learned it in Tang Soo Do at 6th gup green belt (I didn't get past 5th gup before I moved). I still practice that form now and then.

For TKD, I would say it's a toss-up between Taegeuk 7 and Taegeuk 8 (both learned at red belt, 2nd and 1st gup). But my boyfriend is learning Koryo (he's teaching me as well .... sssshhhhhh :D ), and I think it will be my new fav.

Laurie F

Mine would have to be my current form, 2nd degree ATA form - Jung Yul. Although, the third degree form looks to have a lot of balance elements, whcih I really enjoy. 16 months!!

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I've got a couple I'm partial to. I like Hwa Rang...and Empi the most I guess. Even though I'm not sure what the hand presses are supposed to be in Empi.

Long Live the Fighters!

In Korean styles, my favorite form that I've seen is White Crane on Cloud. Lots of animal movements, breathing control, powerful strikes, etc. My favorite form that I know how to do myself is Back Pahl Ki Hyung (1st degree black belt form).

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

My favorite form is also my highest, Jinto. I like the one leged stances!!

When ever I learn a new form it tends to be my favorite.

Acually now that I think about I like Chil Sung Ee Ro Hyung also!!

TANG SOO!!! & SEMPER FI!!!

Dusty Sawyer,

Ee Dan, Tang Soo Do,

Young Marine Cpl.

"Those who do not battle for their country do not know with what ease they accept their citizenship in America" Dan Beralis, Veitnam Jouranlist

I really enjoy basai as well, also known as passai, or basai dai...the first and original form of that specific kata.

I learned it as a green belt I believe....yet mastery took many years

My favorite form is Basai as well. I remember being a yellow belt and watching all of the higher ranks doing it. Then I would imitate the movements as best I could. I actually had the form down, though I had no understanding of what the moves were. :P

2nd place would have to be Taebek (sp?). I love the gracefullness of the techniques and how it just flows together.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, 'It is well, it is well with my soul.'

There is only one form that I have ever learned that I do not like...Taeguek Ee Jang! Can't tell you why :-? just don't like it! As far as a favorite goes....I think Kung Li Chuen has been the most enjoyable to learn and I favor it in practice. Among my other favs: Koryo & Palgwe 8

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/