• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Did your attitude and ego change when you...

I consider myself as good, not great, but satisfactory for my level. I think my attitude changed for the better, as it came along with a big increase in self confidence.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the 2 yers ive been training i haven't got in to a single fight. i could have easily many times. people walking down the street looking for a fight and barge me or some on screw facing me and turning their head when they walk past. but knowing that i could beat the hell out of them is enough for me, the battle has already been won so why fight?

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

I did become more confident but I didnt go around causing truble.But what I do have to admit was that at school I kinda became a show off by trying to do all this kicks and moves on my friends

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

At first, when I began learning Karate, I was itching to fight someone in real life, outside of class. But then after fighting a Taikwondoe-ka who was more experienced than me, I came to realize that Karate was not meant to be used to show off. Slowly, I became more disciplined through the learning of Karate, and am constantly trying to improve and better myself.

So Karate has affected me by a lot, and positively too ;) .

im gaining self-confidence. im still the shy and introverted guy but there has been a difference between now and when i started.

my attitude thus changed, and i can say the same for my ego, but all is in a positive way. my abilities pumped ego, but not to the point where i feel the need to show something to people.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

I don't get in trouble anymore, if someone tries to pick a fight, I get flared up, and scare them a little, just to see their reaction. I never throw punches.

Current: Yellow Belt in GojuRyu. White Belt in Kabudo.

• 2 weeks later...

karate has help me so much i was so shy i woulden't look at them when i would talk now i can teach talk to people eye to eye teach pewees to adults groups alll that i can talk in front of many people perform in tournaments its help me out in so many way i thank God having my parents for putting me in the martial arts im calm never been in a fight hope i never will its just done wonders

I think that MA is helping me by replacing false confidence with true confidence. I have always used cockiness as a front. Now, I find myself at a greater state of calm contemplation.

Even at work, I am more slow to answer, but my answers have more meaning. Before, I would have just blurted something out just to prove that I knew what the answer was.

As far as fighting goes, that doesn't really happen much in my suburbian world.

Jarrett Meyer

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

-- Albert Einstein

I don't know, how can you have self-confidence about your MA if you don't experience some reality?

Anyway, I don't look for fights, but if someone bullies me, I react. I don't avoid it. Most of you will say I don't understand the true spirit of MAs.

if you have a big mouth or you bully people, you need to carry the consequences and there are none "if" you walk away thinking you could beat him.

I am more for the line, if he wants hell, he can get hell.

And I am still a beginner in my MAs