• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What makes a person a great fighter...

The style of martial art does not make a person a great fighter...those that go around bragging may one day find them-selves in a heap of trouble...it is the person that makes the fighter...a person may have powerful punches but most people will not use all their strength because it is not natural to hit another person!...a martial art is a way for person to learn and utilize...it is a tool but it depends on the individual if he or she wants to become better.

Is it not easier to strike a mountain than it is to strike a fly!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well i do beleive that it is up to you and only you to do your Martial Arts and to train to get better.

But i think if you want to go into MA's then go rather then being pressured and not having fun and not trying in class.

I think also your additude

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

I believe that one attribute of a great fighter is to be able to figure out what their opponents weaknesses are and use them against them. Use what is worse for your opponent instead of what is necessarially easiest for you. This is much more difficult than the "do what you're good at, what's easiest for you" theory because you have to be good at all different kinds of fighting. Punching, kicking, flurries, groundfighting, etc....whatever your opponent doesn't want you to do to them.

Wise man once said "he who has big mouth has much room for foot."

On 2002-02-22 07:46, Cory Reynolds wrote:

I believe that one attribute of a great fighter is to be able to figure out what their opponents weaknesses are and use them against them.

that may very well in the ring but you generally don't get the time in the street to start looking for their weaknesses. You have you react instantly and depend on your strengths and hope all the training pays off. Being sly also counts for allot, if you are trapped in an aggressive situation with no other way out other then fighting, you need to be able to strike first and may the shot count.

I believe the nastier more agressive and bloodthirsty people tend to be the greater fighters. Size and weight really do matter. If that dont work bite someones ear off... :grin:

"Some humans have yet to evolve......."

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Nasty and agressive are good. The size and weight thing are debatable. I am not physicall too big so would not dream of matching up strngth Vs strength but would rather get a quick shot in at a crucial point and then hall A** out of there.

On 2002-02-22 08:21, Ryukyu1 wrote:

that may very well in the ring but you generally don't get the time in the street to start looking for their weaknesses. You have you react instantly and depend on your strengths and hope all the training pays off.

One does not necessarially need to wait to be able to judge what someones weaknesses are. There are many different kinds of weaknesses including their weight, height, posture, etc, etc, all things that can be determined in a split second giving you the chance to utilize these weaknesses. Another element of a great fighter is how quickly they can determine an opponents weaknesses.

Wise man once said "he who has big mouth has much room for foot."