• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Belt System????

My Taekwondo school actually has a camo belt in the belt system.. does your guys have that too??? its all new to me because I went there four years ago and they didnt have it and now they do since im back....

thanks, andrew :karate:

"Who Dares, Wins"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Taekwondo school actually has a camo belt in the belt system.. does your guys have that too??? its all new to me because I went there four years ago and they didnt have it and now they do since im back....

thanks, andrew :karate:

Ours has the camo belt (ATA). Our belt ranks progress White, orange, yellow, camo (First point at which they can free spar with pads), green, purple, blue, brown, red, red/black (Which is 1st degree recommended), and black (1st degree decided.)

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

So, if there are 10 gup levels,... when are they adding the extra belt??? My vote is for fuscia, or teal... or muave,... I like muave,... but then there is tope,... Oh, I'm so confused now...

Master Jason Powlette

5th Dan, Tang Soo Do

--Tang Soo!!!

So, if there are 10 gup levels,... when are they adding the extra belt??? My vote is for fuscia, or teal... or muave,... I like muave,... but then there is tope,... Oh, I'm so confused now...

Look at the link i posted...

- Hogosha

Red/black is an intermediate belt. We have 9 forms, (Songahm 1-5, Chung Joong 1 and 2 and In Wha 1 and 2.)

Once you reach 1R (1st recommended), you spend the next term reviewing and getting ready for 1D, you don't learn any new material.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

When my father took TKD back in 1973-4 there were only 8 gups. And they only had 5 belt colors.

8. White

7. Yellow

6. Green

5. Blue

4. Blue

3. Brown

2. Brown

1. Brown

Personally I don't think it really matters what colors the belts are as long as there is some order.

Long Live the Fighters!

Personally I don't think it really matters what colors the belts are as long as there is some order.

Yes,the color of the belt doesnt matter...but camo color?

Why not just make some rainbow color belt...

This is why Im not a big fan of the ATA..they can come up with the most odd stuff.