• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Beginning Up Again

Matrix0978

Well i quit martial arts(shaolin kempo) at the rank of blue belt because of a rupttured appendix. And i believe i have forgotten some of my material. DO you guys know of any video clips do help me get my knowledge back to a blue belt rank level.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Well i quit martial arts(shaolin kempo) at the rank of blue belt because of a rupttured appendix. And i believe i have forgotten some of my material. DO you guys know of any video clips do help me get my knowledge back to a blue belt rank level.

You could order the Villari video set (http://www.villari.com/). While I don't recommend using videos as a primary training method, they can help you remember material you may have forgotten.

I'd just go back to class. It's not like you're expected to keep in form and trim while you're in the hospital etc. and the stuff will come back quickly enough.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

yeah stay ate a couple of classes. I took 3 years off and resumed again and was in the same boat. after i went through the katas a few times, they all started comning back to me. they are in the back of your moind..you just need some refreshing. i'm sure one of the senior students wouldnt mind helping you out with katas and stuff one saturday or something.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

In kyokushin if you leave for a year you must return at white belt, I hope I have that right. Do all systems have a similar rule? What is the longest you are allowed to be absent from training to still be able to hold the same belt level?

I'd just go back to class. It's not like you're expected to keep in form and trim while you're in the hospital etc. and the stuff will come back quickly enough.

I concur. Good luck on your comeback :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot