• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shindo Jinen-ryu Karate-jutsu

CapitalKarate

Anyone know anything about this style? Specifically can I learn street self defense through it.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

it's the first japanies karate style, a mixture of jujutsu and shuri-te , katas are close to Mabuni version, i think anything you learn can help you on the screen, i was a 4th kyu under darrel carig when i quit. i didn't like the deep japanies stances and moved back to shorin ryu.

Deep stances... I'd love to continue my shorin-ryu training or take up goju-ryu but both of those dojos are an hour or more from my location, so I guess either this style or arjuken karate will have to pay the bill for a while.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• 9 months later...

This is the first Japanese Karate style? Wow, I thought Shotokan was and I thought that Konishi trained under Funakoshi, trained under/with Mabuni, and also trained under Ueshiba.

In fact a few kata exists in this style that Konishi and Mabuni went over and over creating until Ueshiba "ok'd" them.

I really don't think this is the first Japanese Karate style when Shotokan gets that honor.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=