• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bismarck ND Shorin Ryu School?

steelhead

I'm trying to help someone find a Shorin Ryu school in North Dakota.

Can anyone rec. a good dojo? (If not he would be willing to train in Goju or other Okinawan style.......

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I actually live near Bismarck (when I'm not at school in Minnesota)... and I'm fairly certain that there is not one.. :idea: I could be wrong however, because I never really paid too much attention to martial arts before I got here and started :lol:.

Ummm... all I've ever heard of in the Bismarck area is TKD. There could very well be other styles though, I was talking to my sensei the other day after my test, and he said there were a few good shotokan clubs in North Dakota, which I wasn't aware of either, even though I had looked for them online (to see if I could train over the summer... no luck though; none in Bismarck)

I ran a search online for the Bismarck yellow pages; and only found one that could possibly be non-TKD (if you feel like taking TKD, though... that'd be easy to find)

Dakota Martial Arts

214 N 24 St

Bismarck, ND 58501 - 4920

(701) 223-8562

I have no idea what this trains in... but its a start ;) Good luck in your search.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot