• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Quickest submission moves.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A brick to the back of the head? (JOKE)

It depends on what you want it for, your opponent, and yourself. Different people feel more comfortable using different techniques on different people. Sorry, I know that's not the answer you want. Learn a few different ones and see what works best for you.

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

Hi everyone, and thank you for the replies.

The thing is, I don't know how to fight. I don't study any form of martial arts.

I used take Tae Kwon Do when I was waaaaaaaaaay younger but I'm sure none of those skills would help me in my situation.

The submission hold I was referring to is, a wrist grab or twisting of an arm, similar to what the police used to subdue criminals.

LOL @brick, I could easily use a brick but I don't want to be "cheap" when the time comes to defend myself.

It's very hard to explain these techniques through text. I've learned atleast 12 or so by now, but I can't think of how to describe them. You should consider taking a real class. They're easier (Easier- not easy) to do when you see someone demonstrating for you.

The best way to defend yourself is to run. A brick isn't a bad idea though. I'm not sure how well "submissive" techniques will work in real life situations. At my school, we have to practice these over and over until they become instinct. It's also better to practice at a school with someone because you have these moves performed on you to better understand the pain.

Basic Rule: The reason these techniques hurt is because the wrist wasn't made to bend that way.

A simple one I can think of at the moment is if someone grabs you, twist their arm behind their back and press the palm of the hand to the wrist, and keep a tight grasp on the elbow, while pushing both ends of the forearm together. Does that make any sense?

Another technique:Chop to the pressure point near the elbow, twist the forearm towards the side of the body while keeping a firm hold on the attacker's hand. Twist it so that the pinky is going up to the armpit.

Both of these have to be done quickly- the attacker's not just going to stand there, letting you screw up his wrist and arm. It also hurts the quicker and more precise the movement is.

These may be useful for defending yourself- but I don't think you're allowed to do these at competitions. I don't think you would have learned these at Tae Kwon Do. Just out of curiosity, why do you want to know these techniques for defending yourself? There's a good chance you'll forget these the moment someone attacks you. A swift kick to the groin would suffice.

learn these by heart:

1)

grab attacking arm, lean in towards opponent's body to go under his armpits while twisting his arm at the same time. you've got a basic arm lock

2)

when your opponent throws a punch, be ready to dive in. get your arms around his thighs, put your head against his back, and put all your body weight into him. your basic double-leg takedown.

learn how to grapple with friends if you can't get an instructor. i learned my grappling from the wrestling captian from my school, and i've enlisted my buddies as "sparring partners" aka punching bags. nothing beats experience and basic knowledge of attack, defense, and mobility.

A simple answer for a simple question:

The quickest submissions you'll often see are footlocks, because they dont require the positional dominance that other submissions, such as chokes and armlocks do.

Standing locks would obviously be much quicker, but have a much lesser chance of working because of the amount of mobility your opponent has to twist and fight out of it.