• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Empty pockets

Figure out some sort of agreement with them...trade something for instruction...whether it be something like janitorial work...or...something else.

I'm going to be instructing at the college I'm going to, and I plan to be ready to make all sorts of arrangements with people...

Peace;

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figure out some sort of agreement with them...trade something for instruction...whether it be something like janitorial work...or...something else.

I'm going to be instructing at the college I'm going to, and I plan to be ready to make all sorts of arrangements with people...

Peace;

Parkerlineage

I agree, if nothing works out i would train him for free if he was a good person.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Absolutely. The length of time and number of students you allow to do this would be on a case-bycase, obviously. But the good student suddenly down on his luck... no need to make things worse by taking more away from him.

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

If you had a good student who ran into financial problems, would you allow this student to train for free?

Yes. There are myriad things they can do around the dojang to help out and "earn" their keep. Sweep the floor, help pick up, take out trash, answer phones. It not only keeps them training, but also can make them feel even more a part of the dojang.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• 4 weeks later...
If you had a good student who ran into financial problems, would you allow this student to train for free?

Yes and our Grandmaster has actualy allowed a few children in the childrens class of our style to train absolutly free. Other students in the Adult class know of this and so do I. The children that get free lessons have very poor families. I am an Instructor under my Grandmaster and once a 45 year old brown belt 3rd degree got wind of this and complained. I put my foot down on that matter and challenged anyone who disagreed with the wisdom of our Grandmaster.

It was quickly put to rest. You have to keep in mind you are paying for what you get and you get what you pay for. But for a skilled man to do something free to someone who is underprivaliged is worth more then words can say. You should honor your Masters and style with not only your words and commitment but with your actions and protection.

To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.

https://www.manabimasho.com