• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

keeping classes fresh

JimmyNewton

You have some very good points AnonymousOne, i bow to you. I think where we differ is in that everyone has a different goal from the Martial Arts. It is clear that your goal is a very traditional and hard path, and that's great, I'd love to travel that path. I have, due to circumstances, taken a different path though. Also, when students come into your school, you have to understand that they are expecting different things from their training. Not everyone gets the chance to train with masters in Japan, not everyone even wants to.

I know that some Instructors are in it for the money, most aren't. Those that are in it for the money are more likely to promote 'fun' classes to encourage more kids to come in. Even if you're not in it for the money, you have to understand that the kids (I mean like under 15) aren't looking for a lifetime committment of hard core training. Most are there because their parents put them there. Then you have to understand what the parents' expectactions are from the class.

So in conclusion, hard core, stenuous, arduous training is best to turn out the best Martial Artists and the best fighters. That is not always necessary to turn out Martial Artist of high morale or kids with a little more confidence and self-esteem than before the class.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt