• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So, hew's everyone's training going?

Its kindy iffy with me, I havnt been able to attend a shotokan class for 3 weeks and I recently had to quit muay thai so hopefuly things will look better in the near future

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trainins great. Just came back from summer training camp.Got to work with some top ranking Japanese kickboxers and a current world champ.

Got some tips on little details which can make a difference.Like curling your wrist slightly toward you at the moment of impact when throwing a hook.It adds just a touch more sting to the punch. Also got some tips on how to set up back spinning blows which I sometimes like to throw.

I'm getting better at recognising my weaknesses and correcting them lately. For eg: my poor ballance when sparring.I have a bad habit of leaning back when I'm on the defence which puts me off ballance and makes my counters weak and sometimes awkward. Not to mention leaving me open for body shots. So I'm really focussing on keeping my upper body forward now, over my centre and not leaning back.I find I'm able to bob and weave more effectively, with less energy wasted, and I'm in a better position to counter.This one detail has been the main cause of alot of my problems in sparring. Although my technique was spot on and powerfull on the pads I was having difficulty transfering that

skill into my sparring, because I was caught off ballance alot. I'm also working on elliminating little unnecessary movements that waste energy.

Turning 35 soon and stamina is really a big issue to deal with. I have to find ways to conserve my energy so I can keep up with my younger competitors.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

not great i haven't been to class in about 2 or 3 months i stopped due to the amount of college work i had towards the end of the year and when i finished college i went on holiday on the night i came back i hurt my back so im just waitin for it to fully heal so i can go back. i bumped into our highest rank student last night at notting hill carnival and she told me everyones missing me..... but she was off her face as was about a few million other people. but im looking forward to going back i miss not being able to train and they fact that im going to thailand in april for a few months has really hyped me up to train.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

Yeah you deffinately will need to get your self in shape if your going to do any training in Thailand.I'm planning to head over there again in January.

Do you know where you're going to go?

well good luck

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

congrats! But aah, whats a yellow band? I've never heard of gradings in MT before.How many ranks are there?