• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So, hew's everyone's training going?

Hmm It depends on what you want and I don't see why regular boxing is harder to the head then Thai.. in the last one you have to worry about not getting a shin against your head:).

Most kicks go to the legs. Boxers tend to take more headshots because, one they can only use their hands, so it's going there or the body, and two because a lot of times amateur bouts won't count body shots.

edit: I should also note that there's nothing at all sissy about not wanting head trauma. I can't imagine many intelligent people who'd want to be punch drunk, no matter how much they love boxing. (And I'm not saying that every boxer ends up that way.)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also looking at regular boxing - my only main concern (and yes it may sound wussy) is the head injury thing. I see alot of pro boxers coming out of the game not being able to talk right or walk straight. Is that a concern of any of you guys who box? Or maybe its just for the pros

it's not that common, actually, especially if you aren't doing it on a high level.

Hmm It depends on what you want and I don't see why regular boxing is harder to the head then Thai.. in the last one you have to worry about not getting a shin against your head:).

Most kicks go to the legs. Boxers tend to take more headshots because, one they can only use their hands, so it's going there or the body, and two because a lot of times amateur bouts won't count body shots.

edit: I should also note that there's nothing at all sissy about not wanting head trauma. I can't imagine many intelligent people who'd want to be punch drunk, no matter how much they love boxing. (And I'm not saying that every boxer ends up that way.)

exactly.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll still look into the boxing. I just think there are more pros than cons associated with it, for what I want to do at least.

The sand bringeth and the sand taketh away...

Disciple of Master Jules' Temple of Sand Dojo

• 3 weeks later...

What's up..

new to the forum but i've been training muy thai for about 7 1/2 months and it is the best thing i have ever gotten into.... i'm in some of the best shape of my life and i used to be sort of a street fighter but it's a total different story inside the ring but training is great... i'm constantly learning and just can't stop wanting more... It's like crack... GOTTA HAVE MORE

Anyone Can Be Beaten On Any Given Day........

That is why you train till your body gives out.....

Well, too many family problems putting me off my training in Muay thai, I have been in and out for 3 months my partner was a different person everytime and people say my kick is like a metal bar not now, Im so lazy.

There will be a day that you can't cope with your life, I want you to look at the star and remember, I always smile back at you. luV u lots Jen

• 5 weeks later...
What's up..

new to the forum but i've been training muy thai for about 7 1/2 months and it is the best thing i have ever gotten into.... i'm in some of the best shape of my life and i used to be sort of a street fighter but it's a total different story inside the ring but training is great... i'm constantly learning and just can't stop wanting more... It's like crack... GOTTA HAVE MORE

Thats great im happy for you, and hopefully you dont "gotta have more" of crack or even tried it to gotta have more. :brow:

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. When you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup; when you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; when you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow- or it can crash. Be water my friend. ~Bruce Lee

Well, too many family problems putting me off my training in Muay thai, I have been in and out for 3 months my partner was a different person everytime and people say my kick is like a metal bar not now, Im so lazy.

Your partner SHOULD be a different person each time. That is good for several different reasons.