• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So, hew's everyone's training going?

This forum has been dead for a few days. Maybe this will drum up some convo and possibly some topic ideas, based on replies.... How has everyone's training been going?where have you noticed progress? What are you having troubles with?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great!

I used to say Thai is nothing special. But I was wrong! The training method is great, the sparring is great!

I love it... I said before that MT and WT don't go together. I was wrong again.

Great MA!

Troubles, every kick above lowkick:)

but I always try to close the distance so fast as possible, my opponents don't like it, but I wish thai was without those big gloves and would use finger free gloves.

I've have been in mauy thai for 2 months, my training went off the rails so im picking it up slowly building endurance and some techniques.

I relise every newbie need to build his stamina up in the first 6 weeks so im taking it slowly...thaiboxing is Great!!!

There will be a day that you can't cope with your life, I want you to look at the star and remember, I always smile back at you. luV u lots Jen

Not so good. I gained a bunch of "sympathy" weight when my fiance was pregnant.(Actually I was eating both of our suppers as she was detained in the washroom with the sickness), the building I was using for training kicked me out.....did'nt like the kickboxing in 'their" Tae Kwon Do facility. So really it's not been too good.

I'm starting the diet now .....lol!

I've just started looking into thai boxing as there is a place nearby that does this. I was just curious because I'm a big guy (6'1 230lbs) and was wondering if MT would be unsuitable for my build

The sand bringeth and the sand taketh away...

Disciple of Master Jules' Temple of Sand Dojo

Great!

but I wish thai was without those big gloves and would use finger free gloves.

well you could always go back to the old skool ways of having your hands wrapped in string dipped in glue and then in glass :wink:

Sandhoppa your size is fine there are some really good heavy weight thai boxers in the uk Garry Turner is my fave.

AS far as my training is going it could be better. i re-injured my big toe in my tourney a few weeks ago( i broke it on the joint last nov) so iv'e had to miss my kickboxing lessons during the week as i can't hack being on my toes for an hour and a half even a little while hurts. im still doing my boxing and kickboxing on sundays well its just maily boxing as it hurts when i kick so im just spending the 3 and half hour on the bags flat footed :( and workin my stomach and doing 1 leg pressups. on the good side i've ben doing alot more weight training as i can't kickbox and that is going really well. i spent two and a half hrs in the gym today after work and i am exausted i had a killer session. i'm just looking forward to my toe healing if it ever does, im starting to think ill always have this problem. i broke it when i wore the kick boots for the first time then i wore it once in lesson and i was fine then again in my last tourney wearing them for the 3rd time, it hurts when i wear them but i can't not wear them now as it hurts after a few kicks :bawling:

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

I was also looking at regular boxing - my only main concern (and yes it may sound wussy) is the head injury thing. I see alot of pro boxers coming out of the game not being able to talk right or walk straight. Is that a concern of any of you guys who box? Or maybe its just for the pros

The sand bringeth and the sand taketh away...

Disciple of Master Jules' Temple of Sand Dojo

Hmm It depends on what you want and I don't see why regular boxing is harder to the head then Thai.. in the last one you have to worry about not getting a shin against your head:).