• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey,

First off I havent done martial arts in years. I was in taekwondo classes as a kid and I was testing for my blackbelt but because I was young I dropped it. So I consider myself to basically be a beginner. I am a very aggressive person who has fought a lot growing up and I have gotten into trouble as a youngster but now at 21 and having a baby on the way I've decided that it is best that I find a more appropriate way to to work out my frustrations (competing in martials arts I mostly want to get into mma down the road). Now I have looked around at schools and gyms in my area and have decided that I was better off getting more work on my grappling since I have always been better than average at going toe to toe and that I would rather establish myself on the mat first as i am more likely to adapt quicker to standup competition.

So basically I found a gym in my area that actually teaches Jujitsu and karate/taekwondo techniques for standup (the taekwondo is centered more on the more practical kicks that would be used more in combat).

The style of Jujitsu that they practice in Nagasu Ryu Jujitsu. Is anyone familiar with this form of the art and can anyone tell me the positives and negatives of this form of jujitsu in comparison to say BJJ,

Thanks soo much for your time,

Kevin

Alexis I can't wait to hold you for the first time 7/10/05 your only a few weeks away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't know anything about that jujitsu style, but my opinion would be go with BJJ, if you really want to get into MMA UFC type of stuff, you'll need BJJ.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.