• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any Chung Do Kwan TKD people?

I'm new to the forum and was curious if there are any other Chung Do Kwan TKD practitioners out there and if so where from?

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Belasko,

Recently recieved my Black Belt in Songahm style of TKD, and just switched to a CDK studio. What a rip off I had while in the ATA, but didn't realize what a mcdojo I was in until I had too much invested in it.

The CDK people welcomed me with open arms, and also honoured my BB. It will take a lot of training, I figure about 9-10 months, before I have learned all the forms, and other terminolgy, before I officially become a full member, But thats ok.

Warning to anyone else in the ATA, or thinking of joining! As far as I am concerened, it is a Cult, and they use a slow form of brainwashing to get your money. I too would have defended the ATA with tooth and nail, and due to some very rotten circumstances with the local school owner, instructer, I saw the light, and will never set foot in that studio again.

best of luck, Song

ps, gonna have to change that name one of these days!!

"Never Give Up"-"Never Surrender"

Tim Allen -- Galaxy Quest

songfghtr

• 2 weeks later...

Our organization is Chung Do Kwan. And one of the above posts was right: A great deal of modern Kukkiwon TKD is based on Chung Do Kwan. In fact, CDK Grandmaster Hae Man Park is responsible for much of the Palgue, Koryo, and Tae Geuk forms.

Our Instructor's Master is GM Woon Kyu Uhm, current Kukkiwon Head. It is my opinion that CDK is one of the strongest styles in terms of power and technique.

Queen Padme: "So this is how Democracy dies-with thunderous applause."

Annikin Skywalker: "You're either with me or against me!"

Obi-won Kenobi: "That is the Way of the Sith!"

• 4 months later...

I've been training in chung do kwan for eight years now.

Personally I find the style effective for my body type. I am completely satisfied with Chung Do Kwan and don't believe I'll switch fo rmany years to come. UpTheIrons, I agree with you.

Do your instructors teach CDK under the WTF or through a CDK orginization like The CDK alliance? Most honestley I would like to take CDK TKD instead of the school I'm looking at now. Belasko, is the CDK alliance affiliated with the WTF? isn't there someone else here in town who teaches. One of Master LeBlancs students?

-Theadric

White Belt

Do your instructors teach CDK under the WTF or through a CDK orginization like The CDK alliance? Most honestley I would like to take CDK TKD instead of the school I'm looking at now. Belasko, is the CDK alliance affiliated with the WTF? isn't there someone else here in town who teaches. One of Master LeBlancs students?

The class that Master LeBlanc teaches is affiliated with the CDK Alliance. Jeff Fogg, one of his students did teach in Pocatello until recently. However he has moved but I Believe one of his students is now teaching that class but I'm not certain. I know that Master LeBlanc is still teaching through ISU for at least this year. Also associated with the alliance is the I.F. section of the ISU TKD class. It is taught by another of Master LeBlanc's students and myself (when my schedule permits). I'm sure that LeBlanc could get you the information that you are looking for as far as CDK classes in Pocatello. I'll PM info to you letting you know how to reach him.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.