• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BEST TKD FORMS

I am of the opinion that ATA (american taewkondo association) forms are the best. Yes, I have seen all other types. However, the ATA is so secular, that I dont think most of your have ever seen an ATA form unfortunatly.

what I like about them;

1. they are all about 40% feet and 60% hands. By far the most kicking in taekwondo forms.

2. They are all 50/50 right and left sides of the body.what you do on the right, you repeat on the left later on.

3.they increase in diffucilty and # of moves as you go up. The 1BB form has around 100 moves.

Because of all this the ATA forms are flowing,long,difficult,and showcase the great TKD kicking skills.

However as an org. the ATA has tremedous problems,mailnly they are not part of the martial arts community as a whole, and have almost a communist and way about them.

But their forms are great

Its not the art, its the artist.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it depends on which forms your ata does...some of them do Chang Hon forms and some of them do their own forms. Personally I think the Chang Hon formset is the best...but it probably follows more closely with traditional karate. Personally I feel that the Tae Geuk set are too simplistic. Currently I am learning the Chung Bong set of forms...most of them are fairly basic as well but they seem to use a progression in skill which I like.

Long Live the Fighters!

Ive never been to an ATA school that teaches anything but Songahm Forms,and Ive been to a lot of them.

However, I was refrencing the Songahm forms in my post.

Well, unless youve been to an ATA tourn. or school, then I dont think you have seen them-unfortunatly.

ATA is so reclusive.

But the names are- songahm 1-6 (white-green belt)

In Wah one (purple)

In Wah two (blue)

Choon-Jung one (brown)

Choon-Jung two (red)

Shim-Jung (1st deg. BB) I think thats the correct spelling,on that one.

Oh, yeah....I know what your talking about.

They started teaching Songahm in the late 70's....that was before my time with them.

So, has anybody seen the ATA songahm forms...what did you think of them?

You're going to have to come a little more specific than that... best out of what forms? Korean? Chinese? Because there are plenty of forms that have more moves that are more complicated (if those are the only criteria you are going by)...

you say the ata forms are the best and use the word 'showcase'. i dont think this is what forms are for? i am of the beleive (perhaps biased because i practice them) that the chang hon form set are the best because they 'feel' strong, it trains the mind to do certain things after certain things, not just flipping around. if forms are meant to be flashy, then things like xma would be the best, but they arent practical are they?