• advertisement_alt

BLACK BELT QUESTION

5thsword

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sure

You can get McDojo teaching online.

If you want a black belt, I can mail you one.

But ... gettibg a belt is not what MA is about

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Sure, you can get a black belt. It'll be useless, you won't have any ability worth mentioning, but you can get a black belt. It's just a fashion accessory.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

OK...video BB course is worthless because you need real interaction.

If you're asking if you can learn MA in a setting other than a commercial school, the answer is yes. There may be someone out there w/ a solid MA history & skills to match teaching out of his garage or basement. But it would be a rare thing. As in anything, check the lineage & don't be fooled by unsubstiantiated claims.

first of all black belt certificate from any school or anywhere else has no MA value, as it was posted here before ,it is in your heart and mind not on your Gi. i think anyone in MA can train someone else up to two level below him/her. like a sandan can give out shodan, but i am not sure.

You can order a black belt out of the Century MA catalog for $12.99. You can even get your name on it in 4 different languages. But you better wear it around and hope people are intimidated by it, because it means nothing.