• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In 2 weeks from saturday, i have my first judo tournament, if anyone can give me a couple tips that may help me out i would appreciate it, thanks alot!

"As you train, so shall you fight." - SWAT saying

"Hit first, hit hard, and hit continuously." -My Dad

"If it looks like a fight, start it." -My Dad

"Don't wait for an opening, make it happen." -My HS Wrestling Coach

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good luck with your tournament! :)

Try to remember what your sensei has taught you, and stick to techniques that you really know and can do well. A simple technique done well is more effective than a complicated move done badly.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 2 weeks later...

It was not long ago that i was in my first judo competition, and i found that you have to be aggressive, espessially if your fighting against more experiensed judokas. otherwise they will just throw you.

I don´t know how long you have trained, but if it isn´t that long your main goal should be to get competition experiense.

anyway good luck

"I do not need a cause for my rage

I just despise the nature of the human race

When all I see is repulsion and hate

Violence becomes my only friend, my saving grace" - Violent Revolution by Kreator

• 2 weeks later...

try to stay calm beofre the match and remember to breath. that is what my coach says.and dont think that your going to lose, cause if you think that your going to lose, than you REALLY ARE. (he is european champion).

What hurts you but doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck, i have done several SJF tournys funfunfun, i havnt done badly ether hehe. troughys are cool get one!! dont use jigiti ether unefective.

"I'm done, and as I'm posing in my nice stance the flamingo stands his ground as well. The flamingo and I are the unstoppable team, with my tornado kick and his confident pink plastic frame, we're ready for whatever comes our way!"

-Jujimufu

Sam i hope that wasnt judo or u would have lost

"I'm done, and as I'm posing in my nice stance the flamingo stands his ground as well. The flamingo and I are the unstoppable team, with my tornado kick and his confident pink plastic frame, we're ready for whatever comes our way!"

-Jujimufu

no - im a TKD er, spinning back kick, almost ended up face first on the floor , but lucking regained by balance quick enough to get a guard up....

• 3 weeks later...

a litle late here but oh well, this os for any one else who is going into a judo tornament.

1: dont think of a throw to win with, if you do, i can garuntee that you wont win with it, if you win at all.

2: stay calm, its always easier to fight relaxed

3:do your best, remember its only your first, dont worry!

yer, i think thats all i can think of, just be happy.

you may freely give up your life, but never lose your honour