• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA defense vs. gun defense

Do you feel confident that you could disarm an opponent who was pointing a gun at you, given no other choice?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel confident that you could disarm an opponent who was pointing a gun at you, given no other choice?

• No, not at all
    • I'd do my best, since I was left with no other choice
    • I think I could successfully disarm him

I think I would try to disarm him but if all he wanted was my money I would rather just give it to him. Its not really worth your life over your money. right?

Determination + Disciplin + Strength - Fear = ONE BLACK BELT! Do the Math!

join this site!!

http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=senterforge

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it definately isn't worth your money.

For for multiple attackers, I think it would happen more often than not. The success rate is much higher for obvious reasons, and 2 or more people can easily overcome the average person.

I personally haven't trained to disarm more than one person who may be carrying a gun or knife, however I have trained to take on multiple assiliants without weapons. If two people both came at me with guns drawn, I'm not sure what I'd do - but I'd do my best and follow the disarming techniques that I've been trained with, and pray that one wouldn't shoot me first.

It's all about taking the person(s) out before they have time to think about the situation. Let them counter to your attacks, not the other way around - especially when weapons are involved.

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden

only two things to say here

"the hunter with only one bullet waits for a perfect shot"

basically if you have someone come up to you with a gun, don’t try and do anything until the time is right (or as right it can be with a mussel in your chest)

some people were saying "I would give them everything they wanted but if they seemed intent on killing me then...." why would a person ask for your money then try and kill you for no reason?

Wouldn’t it be much simpler to kill you there and then then take what they want.

you may freely give up your life, but never lose your honour

only two things to say here

"the hunter with only one bullet waits for a perfect shot"

basically if you have someone come up to you with a gun, don’t try and do anything until the time is right (or as right it can be with a mussel in your chest)

some people were saying "I would give them everything they wanted but if they seemed intent on killing me then...." why would a person ask for your money then try and kill you for no reason?

Wouldn’t it be much simpler to kill you there and then then take what they want.

I see your point, however the situation could drastically change and he could then become increasingly agressive. I'm not saying the person would ask for money and then try to kill you, that would be pointless, as we'll all agree.

A lot of gangs tend to shoot people for the hell of it, though. That reasoning is beyond me. Maybe they're racists and don't like your race, thinking it would be better to kill you than to let you live.

It's a pretty sick world we live in, who knows why people do the things they do.

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden