• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Worst case scenario

What would be the worst case scenario for you (combat-wise), and what would you do to control the situation and escape from it?

This is assuming the person(s) you're fighting have not responded well to rational thought or opinion, and have kept advancing towards you.

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Two women; one with visually striking injuries that have until that point been hidden from view of witnesses sliding in to a chair at a crowded restauraunt to block me in before opening up with screaming accusations and a makeshift weapon grabbed from the environment; the other an accomplice 'coming to her defense' with a folding knife. First, knock down the table or chair to get space, asking loudly what happenned to her, for someone to call the police, who she is, 'leave me alone', and retreat from the one with the knife, try to get an obstacle in between, and break for a door. Preferably an exit, because the police will not take your side in such a case.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I'd say worst case would be anyone with a weapon. I'd try to control it by keeping something in between us while I tried to either find a path to escape or wait for help while I talked to them calmly and let them feel they were in control of the situation.

Now embarissing worst case scenario would be if a woman or handicap person started attacking me. I think I could defend myself well enough, but I would just have to take the beating and would try to get away as soon as I could.

Worst case? being caught and shown on video about to have my head sawed off with a knife by islamo fashist, pleading for my life.... how yould i avoid it? not being there and if I was, fight until they shoot me, I am not going out like that, they can cut it off after I am dead.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

I think my worst case scenario would be anything involving a weapon or hostages. It's one thing to attempt to defend myself, but if it meant others suffering I know I'd think twice.

If it was one on one with an armed opponent I too would do my best to distance myself from the weapon. I would only strike and attempt to disarm when forced with no other choice. I feel I could successfully over come someone with a knife, due to my filipino stick and knife fighting training, however I would probably be injured attempting to do so, which obviously isn't anyone's first choice.

If the opponent was armed with a gun, it would be a totally different story. If there was no escape and little cover, I'd probably find some sort of weapon to use against him (ie. a short stick or long stick, due to my personal training), but that's only as a last resort.

Lets hope none of us are never actually put into a "worst case scenario" situation. However, it's nice to know we wouldn't be completely defenseless due to our training.

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden

Worse case scenario would be, using what I know to successfully defend myself, have to go to court over it and I get into trouble because the court holds us to a higher standard. :evil:

More Practice

Middle of the ocean, unarmed, bleeding heavily and surrounded by starved and rabid sharks.

Defense......

Prayer?

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Worse case scenario would be, using what I know to successfully defend myself, have to go to court over it and I get into trouble because the court holds us to a higher standard. :evil:

My teacher told me about this... something like, a robber got wounded (but lives, crippled) because his victim knows martial art, then the robber sued his victim for making his life miserable or something and won. That is just not right... o_O;;;

Anyway, one scenario that I can think of would be to defend my loved ones. Don't get me wrong, I would gladly give my life. But if I happen to fight the attacker(s) and somehow a weapon got loose (shots fired, a knife thrown out of hand) and accidentally hurt my loved ones, that's what I'm afraid of. I guess what I could do to prevent it is to run away. If not, do a joint lock to disarm a knife or to keep the gun pointing up so it wouldn't hurt anyone.

Er, actually, this one would be worse: if I had to fight my loved one(s). I have yet to think of my worst case scenario...