Home study black belt course- works for me

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't tell me you actually believe that you can teach yourself karate at home?? Sure I'd be out of business if that was the case. You 'learn' karate when you are in situations where you have to be creative or else you get creamed!! I'm an instructor but I still put myself under pressure to train with other groups so that I am constantly challenged. You cannot get that at home.

Also where will your inspiration come from if you are hidden away at home. I have learned so much from watching the way other people do karate, not even that I learn lots from the way that they talk about karate... you definately can't get that at home!

--

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

Did you even read my other posts? how I train and who I train with? one nedan, two sandans and one yodan with 30 yrs experiance and home study course as a supplement, actualy the traing with black belts in private lessons supplements my home study course.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

I did and you tell us that you are training with them, but that they are not involved in the grading process/course that you're doing. I've been teaching for years and I constantly remind my students not to learn katas from books etc. 'cause they do get confused. By all means use the book as a reference but that's it really.

Sure let us know how you get on, btw how much did you pay for this?

--

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

Sure a Mcdojo will lose money if there are no studest. My friends shotokan class is $15 a month, the home study is $9.99 a month, its not books its videos. After 30 yrs, I am sure he can tell if my kata does not look right, I mean Itf and shotokan katas have basically all the same moves, just in different order. I agree that some one new who has never done martial arts will not learn properly. Like I said, I am not new, I have been involved for 14yrs, I am now 31...maybe 5 yrs of real dojo class time, the rest training with other artist without all the dojo policies.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

Martial Arts were founded by people studying by themselves.

I guess its ok for the likes of Bruce Lee, Choki Motobu, and many other greats of the past to have developed themselves by themselves, but us mere mortals must be supervised.

"Give me a man with a real goal and I will give you a man with real power"

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing