• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Getting back into Shorin Ryu karate....

ShorinRyuGurl

That's getting closer! I recently found out that there's a sensei that lives in Greenville that attends Sensei Perry's dojo. I love to get in touch with him but i don't know him that well and not sure he'd want to/or have time to give me a hand. Never hurts to ask? Well will see...lol i'm not giving up the search! :)

Karate is a fighting art. You must train with deep seriousness from the first day. no winning or losing... no friend or foe, only training...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The camp they offer in NC is amazing!!! I went 3 years in a row when i was training still. The people you get the chance to train with and everything they offer!!!! I'm extremely jealous!

Karate is a fighting art. You must train with deep seriousness from the first day. no winning or losing... no friend or foe, only training...

Really? What dates? I'll be there from the 19th-25th (but really only that Monday-Thursday)

I am not sure, I haven't looked at it that closely yet.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

ShorinRyuGurl: Well, best of luck to you in your efforts.

The camp they offer in NC is amazing!!! I went 3 years in a row when i was training still. The people you get the chance to train with and everything they offer!!!! I'm extremely jealous!

In addition to the week I'll be spending out there in June, I'll also be attending the camp in August (hopefully). Are you (or Radok) planning on going to that?

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• 1 month later...

I'm going to miss camp for the third year in a row due to college. Before I started school I taught there every year, I really miss it very badly.

As one of Sensei Perry's yudansha, hope to see/meet you both this summer if you do visit. :)

Jason B.

Hendersonville, NC

"I'm not really eccentric... I'm not eccentric unless that means 'crazy', which I am, probably." - Kyoshi Doug Perry

Well, I'll arive this Sunday (June 19th), train Monday - Thursday and leave that Friday. I'll be spending an awful lot of my days there, so the chances of us meeting will be pretty high, I'd imagine.

Are you one of the USAF gentlemen that were here last year? If so I do seem to recall one of you was headed for CA.

Jason B.

Hendersonville, NC

"I'm not really eccentric... I'm not eccentric unless that means 'crazy', which I am, probably." - Kyoshi Doug Perry

conqueror<

do you know Robbie Mayer? he's listed as a Shorinkan teacher in Indian Trail which is outside of Charlotte, but I can't locate him. I am currenlty training with Willie McIntosh in Shelby, but he is retiring in August and am not sure what to do afterwards, and thought about checking Mr. Mayer out. I live in Charlotte now. Travelling to hendersonville may be one of my options as well

thanks

jn

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

I've met Sensei McIntosh a number of times, good guy.

If I'm thinking of the correct Robbie, then yes, I know him, but I haven't seen him in a long time - call it 3-4 years? I know he was having some health troubles which forced him to semi-retire from the art. If those troubles persist then I doubt he would be capable of teaching at this point. I assume you're using Nabil Noujaim's directory at karateshorinkan.com? I'm not sure if that's completely up-to-date, there may be some dojos closer to you (maybe Winston-Salem or eastward).

Jason B.

Hendersonville, NC

Are you one of the USAF gentlemen that were here last year? If so I do seem to recall one of you was headed for CA.

As a matter of fact I am. The other one was Skeptic2004. I've been training with Sam Ahtye in San Francisco since then, and he's been diligently trying to knock out a lot of my bad habits I've let creep in.

It certainly is refreshing to see this growth of Shorinkan posters here just in the last few months.