Any other girls like this- or just me?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is common with girls your age no matter what they're involved in.

I teach a Bible class who were once your age and who are now heading off to University (which makes me feel flipping ancient!) :lol: and they always wanted to giggle and gossip, and to be honest, nothing much has changed with them!

I also teach guitar and the same things happen whenever you get a group of teenage girls together.

Most of them will probably lose interest eventually and disappear off the martial arts scene. I'm not totally focussed when I'm at karate. Some days I'm totally 100% focussed, others I just can't seem to focus well and if I'm sparring I end up blethering. I try and avoid sparring with the girls round about my age because I know if I spar with them that I will probably end up talking and not learning much, so instead I tend to go for the older, more focussed females or the men (thankfully, my club doesn't mind girls sparring with men). I tend to avoid the teenage boys because they either take the attitude that you're a girl and a lower belt than them and therefore they can't be bothered putting any effort in, or go the opposite way and see themselves as Mr. Little Tough-Guys who want to prove something to you and deliberately go out their way to try to cause you an injury.

As everyone else said, if there's a lack of suitable partners for you to train with, it might be time to look elsewhere. Avoid sparring with the girls and just keep training hard. :karate:

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

Why not find someone in your class that is willing to get together with you outside the school and you can spar privately? I used to have a sparring partner that used to spar with me in the park back when I was boxing.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

"Why not find someone in your class that is willing to get together with you outside the school and you can spar privately? I used to have a sparring partner that used to spar with me in the park back when I was boxing"

Good idea! Maybe they're just nervous in the school and that's why they're giggling and not focused...

If they are the same age and rank, you do NOT need to hold back! You only need to hold back when the person is a lower rank then you. Some girls just are too girly and will never be able to controll them selfs. Just you will have to gt use to it. And when you sparr DONT hold back there the same rank they can handle if not then tell them deal with it or quit!

Determination + Disciplin + Strength - Fear = ONE BLACK BELT! Do the Math!

join this site!!

http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=senterforge

Good idea! Maybe they're just nervous in the school and that's why they're giggling and not focused...

I am not sure if that is sarcasm or not, but what i mean is, I am sure there is someone at least one in that school tht would be serious minded enough to get together sometime and work with you.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

I am not sure if that is sarcasm or not, but what i mean is, I am sure there is someone at least one in that school tht would be serious minded enough to get together sometime and work with you.

No, not sarcasm. They laugh whenever they spar and sometimes say,"Am I doing this right??? *giggle* etc.

So I figured that maybe they're nervous or something.

I've been there the girls in my class ages 7 and 9 are hardly ever focused but then again they're still kinda young........god I'm oldest girl in my class (13)

6 or 4 years is a big difference! Maybe there is a boy or woman your size? I have to spar with different sizes and ages of people. It's a little irritating sometimes. I moved back to the beginner class (same school though) and now work with grown women in their 30s and 40s, but it's not too bad. Better than dealing with girls my age or getting the wind knocked out of me from a grown man. And it's true- teaching is a great learning experience. Now I don't know how I'm going to learn my Purple-belt form or self-defense though. :dodgy:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, the giggling morons? They'll always be around. Just fight hard, they won't goof off long after that. I swear, I have seen 7 year olds with better dojo behavior than them...

And on the topic of guys saying they don't want to hit you....I know the feeling. The guys in my dojo are almost all bigger, stronger, and have been in karate of some sort longer. So, they don't want to hit me. I hit them. They hit me now, hard, enough to give me bruises and split lips. I am very happy.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu