• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KARATE TOURNAMENTS IN TN??

kenpo_fighter

Does anybody know of any Full-Contact Karate Tournaments in or around the Tennessee area? Am looking to get back into the tournament circut. Absolutely no Taekwondo tournaments! When they say "full contact", they don't mean it. Any and all help or info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Wisdom is knowledge rightly applied. To fight wisely is to rightly apply techniques.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

full contact karate?? No. Point karate, yeah, there is plenty in memphis. Also, there are some mma and kickboxing events in memphis - thai, inaternational and american rules. american rules kickboxing is pretty much the same as full contact karate.

I've never seen any full-contact competitions. Lots of 'open' tournaments, but everybody seems to require hand pads, instep pads, cup, and headgear. And light contact is enforced - excessive contact gets you penalized.

You might have to dig up a boxing gym.

Wado Ryu Karate Do - Nashville TN - USEWKF

Musabetsu Kakuto Ryu - Nerima, Tokyo, Japan - Tendo Dojo

"To Challenge Owner in Savage Combat, Use Rear Door"

Thanks to all for replying.

to: pitbull, sure. a MMA style tournament would be great. where exactly in KY?? and what's the name of the tournament? is there a website i can visit as far was weight classes, entry fees, etc?

to: sevenstar what are the names of the tournaments? what part of memphis? i'm only a 2hr. drive away from memphis. also, any info. on who i can get in contact about those tournaments as far as divisions, weight classes, entry fees, etc?

to: saotome yeah, i competed in a "open tournament" this past february in Chattanooga hosted by a taekwando school. was called "Final Battle 2005". They said on the brochure "all styles welcome" "full contact". but, when i got there, absolutely no punching allowed. well, they said i could punch to the body, but i laid about 5-6 punches in a flash as a counter to a wheel-kick, and not a single one of them counted as a point. nothing but kicks & more kicks. and the kicks that i clearly landed didn't count for nothing. they almost threw me out of the tournament for excessive contact. totally sucked.

Thanks for the info, people!

Wisdom is knowledge rightly applied. To fight wisely is to rightly apply techniques.

the even is called kickshoot, and they are hosted by a man name jeff mullen - he posts about needing fighters all the time on mma.tv I'll dig up his number and shoot it to you. they are held downtown at the new daisy.

sweet! yeah, if you could pull up his number or list how to get in contact with him, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks, man!