• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well, i saw it yesterday. it wasn't worth the price of admission, but i don't regret the hour and a half i spent on it, so that's always something. i'd say it's worth checking out.

shaolin soccer is mentioned a bunch cuz it was made by the same guy, and it's the same basic style of humor.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i've heard nothing but positives from it. i'm going to see it one day next week.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

• 1 month later...

Im pretty sure most of us see Steven Chow's, Kung Fu Hustle more then just a slap stick kung fu comedy. For those who do not, i would just like to say that it has a deeper meaning in many ways. The following link has a review of the movie and some of the symbolism that go with it

http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/comments/matthill/2005/05/kung-fu-hustle.html (BEWARE THIS REVIEW IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN IT) (*cough SPOILERS)

please read over this and tell me what you think, i will try to back it up as much as i can, but i just want to clear up the fact that its not just a shallow comedic kung fu movie produced for pure entertainment. It has deeper meanings, and is made the way it is to not only entertain but to enlighten.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. When you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup; when you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; when you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow- or it can crash. Be water my friend. ~Bruce Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to bring up an old-ish thread but I just want to add that a lot of the very subtle humour is going to be missed unless you know a lot about chinese kung fu cinema/televion history and the stories, novels and legends from which they came from.

Personally, it was better than I thought it would've been and a far better piece of film-making than his earlier films.

Is this also a good time to mention that Stephen Chow once studied Wing Chun?

ohayo gozaimasu, o genki desu ka.

Siufeifei i want to say darn your search bar!! Nice little trick there, and yes i agree with what you had to say. The axe gang some say is based off the Matrix with the many smiths but ive seen a similar seen in Jackie Chan's Drunken Master. Of course the signiture Bruce Lee knuckle crack nose flick.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. When you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup; when you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; when you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow- or it can crash. Be water my friend. ~Bruce Lee