• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bad News

Hello all,

Bad news, sorry. We're up, we're down. Virus here, no virus there. The same problems we had a little while back again. I'm not sure when it'll be settled, however... I can only say to keep your virus programs set to kill for the time being. Again, the AVG Free Edition is more than capable of dealing with this virus.

It's still being worked on and hopefully we'll be able to sort it soon... the sooner, the better. But, we're doing what we can and I apologize for any trouble that it may cause.

Sincerely,

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I always snicker when I see windows virus scripts download to my desktop. My mac just kinda looks at them and says, "so what am I supposed to do with this?"

I have mine programed to laugh when it sees one (in the Fred Voice, of course). Then it orders me a pizza and gives me a back massage.

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

Ahh...so that has been the prob. No wonder why my virus window keeps poppin up when I'm lookin' around. At least my anti-viurs is working then ;)

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Actually, it hasn't happened since the 23/24th (when I made that post). So, I guess we can say we've stabilized now/the problem has been isolated. But, something like that could always happen again, never know.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI - Yesterday, my virus scan identified a virus while browsing through the forums.

This occurred three times.

Ted

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

The issues that we were having are long resolved (shortly after I started this thread). But, if you wanted to send me a screen shot of what you are being shown, I will take a look and see if there are any issues. The only possible explanation that I can see is that some ads we were running (yesterday only) were executable files (these ads have since been disabled) may have triggered that sort of reaction from a virus scanner.

I appreciate it.