"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shotokankid is 13 I believe, and he has his black belt. You two may be the youngest currently, but I don't know if you were the youngest when received. I'm 19, but I have had my black belt for 8 years. I was 5 when I started though.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

My daughter is 12 (under the age limit to post here, but she does read through post with me) and she is a 2nd degree BB. She started TKD when she was 4. We do not attend a McDojo. She had to earn her belt, and it wasn't easy.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

I think it should not be allowed, imo to people under 18 unless they show great humility and respect regarding their art. Too many prideful BBs out there.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

I am 24 and I really don't get how a child can get a BB.

What, you think kids can't train as hard as adults can? Obviously they can't do as much physically, but that doesn't mean they aren't trying just as hard.

Compare these two cenarios: An adult trains in his MA regularly 2 days a week for 2 years. That's 208 class hours if class is 1 hour, and he doesn't skip a day.

A child starts training at the age of 5, and attends class 5 days a week for 6 years. That's 1560 class hours, with the same conditions.

Who is more worthy of a black belt? Maybe the adult has longer legs and can kick higher and harder, spar better, and knows his forms better, but that's because he's an adult and sometimes it's easier for him to catch on to things like that. But the kid was sweated and bled 7.5 times longer than he has. Who has proven his commitment? Who earns the belt?

DORKS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy?