• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Did UFC change the way of looking at trad KungFu and Karate?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys should watch the UFC where the match between Dave "Dangerous" Beneteau(wrestling) vs Asbel Cancio(Wing Chun) from the previous years back in 1995... The kung fu guy absolutely got beat up... maybe that's a hint of how affective kung fu can really be lol

one word says it all "dedication..."

I think it showed what so many other matches did-

If you do not know how to grapple and you fight a grappler, you're going to be in deep trouble.

Maybe his wing chun could have worked, although I dont see it looking like anything that we havent seen already, but he couldnt stay on his feet to utilize it.

yeah thats what everyone learned - you at least need to be adept at grappling... otherwise if you lose the distance your striking's goign to be useless

you guys should watch the UFC where the match between Dave "Dangerous" Beneteau(wrestling) vs Asbel Cancio(Wing Chun) from the previous years back in 1995... The kung fu guy absolutely got beat up... maybe that's a hint of how affective kung fu can really be lol

i cannot disagree more, kung fu can be as effective as any other MA, as long as the time and effort have been put into the training.

~ You first mistake is to underestimate ~

And also - the right training methods are used..... so long as you train in the right way and approach the training with a goal of competing in mind, then many arts can be effective.

well I was going to write some stuff then I saw your post sam. You pretty much wrote what I was going to right so...yeah never mind.

I just say it again though it all depends on your training methods and gearing towards an opponent who is going to resist the moves your trying to do and counter back by trying to put a beat down on ya. so basically if most if not all your trianing methods consist of forms, very stiff body mechancis, striking in the air, and limited non resisting partner work. Its not going to be as effective agianst others who train more for a moving, non stationary, resiting opponent.

Again goes back to training methods.

i cannot disagree more, kung fu can be as effective as any other MA, as long as the time and effort have been put into the training.

nah, time and effort aren't as important as training methods used. Kung fu can be used in the ring effectively, but you have to train accordingly.

exactly - as i always say - depends how you train, and what you train for.... most MAs are effective when trained for the right conditions.

If you look at the word it self "kung/gong fu" my chinese room mate said the translation mean "ward hard or time/work" basically any one who does a job well has good kung fu. so those that are top of the mma sport use good "kung fu" :-)